During our stay in Toronto to have the laser surgery for our TTTS boys, I was able to spend two of the six nights, and one afternoon in bed at the hotel with my little family. It had been weeks since I'd seen Lilah through a nap or bed time routine, and though I couldn't participate in the ways that I used to, it almost brought me to tears to be a part of it again. Now, thinking that I will likely not get a chance to be a part of this for another month or two or possibly more while on bed rest, brings me to actual tears. But I am so grateful to have had these moments with her during yet another speed bump in this pregnancy - it took a really scary scenario to bring me back to her even for just those short nights, and so I'm thankful for it all.
Saturday, January 5, 2013
My Greatest Joy
During our stay in Toronto to have the laser surgery for our TTTS boys, I was able to spend two of the six nights, and one afternoon in bed at the hotel with my little family. It had been weeks since I'd seen Lilah through a nap or bed time routine, and though I couldn't participate in the ways that I used to, it almost brought me to tears to be a part of it again. Now, thinking that I will likely not get a chance to be a part of this for another month or two or possibly more while on bed rest, brings me to actual tears. But I am so grateful to have had these moments with her during yet another speed bump in this pregnancy - it took a really scary scenario to bring me back to her even for just those short nights, and so I'm thankful for it all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment