I am so thankful for our boys, every single moment of every single day. I now know what loss feels like, and I know that this feeling could have been multiplied by two, or even 3, and I haven't taken it for granted for a single moment that it wasn't. I cry tears of joy at how lucky we are to have our sweet boys on a nearly daily basis. I wonder sometimes if moms who have lost babes love their children differently. Not to say that one would love their children more or less than the other at all, but just...differently. I love with an intense understanding of how precious and fragile life can be. I love, knowing that at any moment there could be loss. I love, believing that by giving love to my earth babies, my angel baby feels it just the same. I find that most times I can be more patient and compassionate because of this. I know for certain that I am a different mama and I mother differently having lost a child, and I wonder if others feel the same way.
I read a quote the other day that speaks exactly the way that I feel after losing Jude. I find it so amazing how words can come together to ease in so many different ways.
With life as short as a half-taken breath we should plant nothing but love.
- Rumi
No comments:
Post a Comment