Thursday, September 12, 2013
To S, the social worker, who came to visit with myself and the boys during our perinatal follow up visit today: Thank you for letting me tell our story from beginning to end and actually listening, and for asking all the right questions; like "what is his name?", "when did he pass away?", "did you have a service for him?", "would you prefer not to refer to them as twins because they are triplets?". For asking me if I was ok when I cried, and for grabbing a box of kleenex. For speaking with just the right amount of sorrow and joy in your voice, recognizing how tragic and miraculous our story is. For asking me how I was doing given what we've been through, physically, mentally, emotionally. And not just for our loss, but also for the aftermath and the NICU. For asking how my husband and daughter are holding up. I always look forward to the opportunity to tell our story, no matter how or when, so thank you for giving me that chance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment