First thing in the morning, one year ago today, I was all nerves in Toronto having laser ablation surgery on Nash and Jude's placenta, praying for a miracle, and also for comfort and acceptance for whatever might be to come but all the while believing with my whole heart that all of our triplets were going to make it out of this. This year, I am holding two of our three beautiful baby boys that would not be here today were it not for that one year ago. This day means something so drastically different to us now than it ever did. We are filled with more perspective, faith, and gratitude because we have overcome the trials of this past year. At the same time we will always be so full of grief, though I can see how it has shaped us as people, moulded our souls in ways unimaginable until it's your reality, in some ways, for the better. I am very much looking forward to a New Year. New memories, new moments, new realities to embrace, new ways to incorporate the life we once had and the life we thought we were going to have, with the life we are now living. May this year be full of happiness and blessings of life and family, for us and for all of the wonderful people in our lives. Happy 2014!
No comments:
Post a Comment