Saturday, November 24, 2012

20 Weeks

Wow, this would normally mark the half-way point in a singleton pregnancy!! Amazing what adding a couple more babies to the mix does to your due date. Though I'm technically due April 12th, 2013, the hospital will have my c-section scheduled for mid-march at around 36 weeks, unless these little boys decide that they need to be here earlier than that (and I sure hope they don't!). I'd like them to cook in there as long as possible. I really, really want to be the mom in those miracle triplet stories where they carry their triplets to 36 weeks and take their babies home with them when discharged from the hospital. I'm working harder every day to try and make this happen, whether it be eating, drinking, resting, or doing other proactive things to keep myself mentally and physically healthy. I've been avoiding stress in all sorts of ways, and I'm proud of myself for being able to do that for these boys!

So there's my 20 week triplet belly (and the smudgy mirror, and my un-done bed, and my gorgeous photo bombing husband). And please excuse my widely undone skinny jeans that I tried to wear just one last time out to dinner. It was a big mistake, and I learned my lesson, but I promise you I'm wearing underwear. It's just nude.

I am feeling large and so not in charge at this stage of the pregnancy. I most definitely was bigger than this at the end of my first pregnancy, but like I mentioned before, I just feel way more pregnant than ever before. I think I can compare this belly photo to one I took when I was around 30 weeks pregnant the first time. I am already much more immobile than I remember being at any time during my first pregnancy (I should really stop comparing...there is not one single thing that is similar about either of these pregnancies!). There are parts of my body that are starting to reject me. My upper back was a giant shock today. The paralyzing pain took my breath away and made me afraid for a moment at what was going to happen next. I need to keep an eye on my posture as my belly grows to make sure it doesn't weigh me down in an unhealthy way. My lady parts are experiencing all sorts of things that even I wasn't aware was possible, considering all the stuff I dealt with and learned after my first pregnancy and delivery. I'm almost always unable to fully empty my bladder. I am nearly unable to bend over at times simply for the plain fullness of everything in my belly. I need to hold onto something to get up off the floor. I have abandoned dishes and sweeping as my daily chores, because standing for any length of time is excruciatingly uncomfortable. I am hesitant to take my sweet baby girl outside alone for walks or to the park or just to play in the snow for fear of the discomfort and possible pain I might endure. I'm afraid I'll get stuck somewhere without someone around to help! 

BUT!! (I need to turn this positive, and quick!) I am still as healthy as a horse. My blood pressure and sugars are perfect. I have gained 14 lbs and am finally happy with the weight I'm starting to put on. My cervix is long and strong. And all three babies are healthy and stable. So aside from the discomfort and growing pains of a triplet pregnancy, I am doing just fine. And for that I am eternally grateful!! Not to mention my perfect daughter and loving, supportive husband. And the support of both of our families. I couldn't be more lucky to be pregnant with three little boys at this point in my life.

No comments: