Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Sweet Sleep

It hit me last night, like a giant, cool, fluffy, pillowy cloud. These last few months of sleep will probably be the best sleep I'll ever have again in my entire life. Our two-year old daughter just started sleeping through the night 3 months ago when she started to wean. I've been taking advantage of her peaceful sleeping by forcing myself to stay awake and catch up on 'me' things that I enjoy thoroughly but don't get a chance to do during the day - like blogging, reading, internet surfing, idea gathering, researching, dream building, things of that nature! But I think it's time for me to prioritize and limit my time doing these kinds of things, because starting in just a few short months, I don't think I'll Ever. Sleep. Again. And I think it's for real this time - we were given the same spiel when I was pregnant with Lilah, "Sleep now because you'll never sleep again". While partly true, that only lasted almost 2 years and clearly since she'd started to sleep through the night I've had the option to have a wonderful sleep almost every night.

I have to say that I've been really good about napping when she naps, but once she's in bed at night, I'll stay up another sometimes 4 hours with every excuse in the book to be doing what I'm doing. Even right now...haha. At least I can say it's been less than an hour since she went down for bed. I've had my post-dinner protein drink. Might consider having a snack, or may just forget it and get myself to sleep and really soak in the glory of the peace and quiet and still mind, while I still have one.

No comments: