Monday, January 21, 2013

A quick little update.

I sort of feel like holding back a little bit until Wednesday, when I'll be heading to the Children's Hospital for an MRI. I am super excited to see what sort of information and answers might come out of this. I feel like any information I write or think between now and then is energy wasted because in reality I really don't know for sure what's going on in my belly - even though I really, really think I do.

From today's ultrasound and two NSTs, I can say that things are looking good for our little survivors! Their dopplers are all normal, they are moving like crazy, their heart rates and variations are excellent - though it still terrifies me to no end when a heart rate drops from the 140s into the 80s suddenly during an NST. It makes a quick recovery, but regardless, that moment of sheer terror is unavoidable. Mommy says to stop playing with your cords, boys. There has been no noticeable signs of cord entanglement, though it's very hard to say via ultrasound. They look as closely as they can, but it's absolutely possible to miss something. They caught one baby practicing his breathing today, but despite some wiggling and nudging and patience, we couldn't catch the other giving us the tell tale signs of breathing movement. This doesn't really mean anything yet. I think they're just trying to get all the information they can, just in case these guys have to make a sudden urgent appearance. Our angel baby still has a giant pocket of fluid around him, which is still boggling the doctors. After a baby passes away in utero, their fluid and everything else is supposed to begin to reabsorb. For whatever reason, this hasn't started yet. The fluid is measuring the same as it has for the past 2 weeks. Goodness, I can't wait for that MRI. I would really like to know what's going on, too.

Tomorrow is measurement day! I also can't wait to find out if they've had a little growth spurt in the last week. It would be incredibly reassuring to know that they are continuing to grow, and if somehow they weigh over 2lbs each as of tomorrow's ultrasound, I will imaginarily jump for pure joy! Could you imagine? Making 28 weeks AND 2 lbs? Miracle.

My uterus has been pretty calm for the last little while. I definitely get the occasional giant contraction, but they still are not painful, just quite uncomfortable. Especially when it feels like it grabs hold of my bladder and squeezes it along with everything else. Eek. As far as my cervix goes...well, last time it measured at .6cm. And I'm pretty sure that everyone is now in agreement that we don't care what my cervix looks like at this point (I mean, we do...) and that as long as I'm continuing to rest as I have been, there is nothing more that we could do to prevent my cervix from shortening and dilating. After my last cervix check, I was shaking and scared at the thought of my cervix being that short. So I have to say that I'm relieved to no end that we won't be checking it again (unless I'm starting to show signs of labour), and that I'm free to imagine that it's holding up just fine.

Will keep you updated on measurements tomorrow!

No comments: