Today, I got these little booties from Nurse K. She handmade them, just for our sweet boys. I'd like to specify whether these are knitted or crotched - but truth be told, I have no idea ;) I adore them and have hung them up on my cork-board-of-art at the foot of my hospital bed. Two pairs of tiny little booties, 4 tiny perfect little feet one day wearing them. I've had a sort of up and down emotional day, and I've just been riding the waves because I know that tomorrow is a new day and I usually feel more up than down these days. I was saddened though, that we didn't have three pairs of these little booties. And I was reminded of what we'd lost a day shy of 2 weeks ago. I know that wasn't her intention at all. This is such a sweet, thoughtful gift. And even though I'm sad, I stare at these booties in wonder of the miracle that is still unfolding and am thankful to have all that we do.
Monday, January 21, 2013
Teeny Tiny Feet
Today, I got these little booties from Nurse K. She handmade them, just for our sweet boys. I'd like to specify whether these are knitted or crotched - but truth be told, I have no idea ;) I adore them and have hung them up on my cork-board-of-art at the foot of my hospital bed. Two pairs of tiny little booties, 4 tiny perfect little feet one day wearing them. I've had a sort of up and down emotional day, and I've just been riding the waves because I know that tomorrow is a new day and I usually feel more up than down these days. I was saddened though, that we didn't have three pairs of these little booties. And I was reminded of what we'd lost a day shy of 2 weeks ago. I know that wasn't her intention at all. This is such a sweet, thoughtful gift. And even though I'm sad, I stare at these booties in wonder of the miracle that is still unfolding and am thankful to have all that we do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment