
I had found this necklace (also from a shop on Etsy...who doesn't love Etsy...) sometime during the first week after we'd lost Jude. I was actually looking for a pair of tiny angel wings to place on his little wrapped up body after his birth as our keepsake, that thing that touched him and helped him to fly high, when I found this necklace instead - then I found those tiny blue hearts, and thought it was even more special that I'd have a heart for all three of them.
Side track: I just realized I had never thanked my dear friend K for rushing to the hospital just to bring three tiny knitted hats that her mom made, in place of the three blue hearts that didn't arrive in time. I saw my mom open the gift bag behind the viewing window during my c-section and thought they were so precious. A little green hat, and a tiny little bear lay on Jude in all of our pictures of him. Thank you so much darling, it meant so much to us.
Finally this afternoon, I got around to buying this necklace to remember my Jude, except with a garnet bead for January. Something about it speaks to me. It helps me to remember that he is free, and beautiful and still very present in our lives and always will be. That little bell, every time it rings, will turn my attention to him just like the rest of our living children would in our day to day life.
This quote was something I stumbled across by accident also this afternoon, and I had to share it because of the smile it gave me.
"And to think, when their little eyes opened, the first thing they saw was the face of Jesus". Oh Jude. I miss you and love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment