I have only just begun to catch a glimpse into this mother's world, and my heart is all a flutter. I'd often heard of how she draws butterflies in the sand for mom's who lost their little ones, but I didn't know who she was, and I certainly didn't know about everything else she does for bereaved mothers around the world. It wasn't until I saw this post on Facebook that I started to dig deeper, and what I found was the most beautiful, honest and open writing. A moment of ease and release on a grieving mother's soul. I haven't even scratched the surface, but I cannot wait to get to know more about Carly Marie. I feel like there's a connection there that I've been waiting for, a passion inside that I've been hoping would come to light. I don't know what it is yet, but I think this is where I will find it.
"My son died before he got to take a breath of air. Yes, I felt like I died too. Yes, I wanted to die too. But I am still here and my life is as beautiful as ever. I have my bad days, but most of my days are beautiful days because I choose healing each and every morning that I wake. Grief is hard work. Healing is hard work. But here I am, a survivor not a victim. My smile is real, I do not hide behind it and I will never feel guilty for enjoying my life and all of the joys that lay before me. I'm not living just for me anymore, I live for him too and I'm trying my very best to make the most of the time that I have left here on Earth. I am still heartbroken. I am still healing. I am still grieving because I am still loving. He is still my son and that is why I am STILL STANDING. " - Carly Marie

No comments:
Post a Comment