Monday, December 2, 2013

Capture Your Grief, Day 1: Sunrise



I didn't catch a sunrise today. In fact, there is no sun today. Just grey, grey, grey, and snow, snow and more snow. It's -12C right now, and later this week I see a -30C…brrrr. But I secretly adore this weather because it encourages me to enjoy staying indoors and not feel bad for not getting out. We turn on the TV fireplace, Christmas tunes, and spend the day snuggling and "thinking" about baking cookies. 

I don't know if 'excited' is quite the right word for how I feel about finally allowing myself the time to explore this project. I had tried to do it in October, but didn't make it past the first photo. Now it's December, and this is an important month for us, too. I feel like this month, instead of bringing me anxiety and sorrow as we get closer to painful anniversaries, will bring me peace and comfort and helping to make me feel closer to Jude. My hope is that by participating in this project, I can capture more of the good memories and less of the bad. I am definitely looking forward to it.

No comments: